Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Goodreads Book Review - The Strain, Book III: The Night Eternal

The Night Eternal (The Strain Trilogy, #3)The Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I don't want to say too much about this book because there are so many spoilers, but it was definitely an intensely satisfying conclusion to what was a really good trilogy. The entire series had a lot of interesting ideas about vampires and how they function, and what was, to me, an even more interesting explanation for their origin. It was so good, in fact, that I barely even mind how it just made one of my own story ideas virtually moot... but anyway. The last 100 pages or so, in particular, are really gripping and exciting and just propelled me to want to finish it as fast as possible, and even now that it's done and more is impossible, I want more anyway. I can't recommend this series enough.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment