Thursday, September 19, 2013

Goodreads Book Review - The Companions

The Companions (The Sundering, #1)The Companions by R.A. Salvatore

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is a hard book to review without spoiling some fairly major events in the series, so I'll have to leave plot out of my review and focus on the things I can talk about. Salvatore's trademark action is in abundance, of course, and it's as good as it ever is. His fight scenes really do thrill. More than the action, though, is his characterization skills; he's dealing with a multitude of characters, some new and some that have been around for roughly twenty-five years now, and he never fails to make them feel fresh and whole. The narrative structure jumps around in time a little bit which, at times, can be a little hard to follow until you get the hang of it, but as a whole it works. I sped through this book very quickly as I was really enjoying it, and I was sad when it ended and hungry for more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment