Sunday, November 10, 2013

Goodreads Book Review - Rage of the Dragon

Rage of the Dragon (Dragonships of Vindras #3)Rage of the Dragon by Margaret Weis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


When I picked this up I thought it was the final part of the trilogy, so imagine my surprise when I realized it was instead the third part of a quartet. It does explain why a large part of the first half of the book feels like filler, though. While the main character, Skylan, has grown a whole lot since the first book and has grown into a very enjoyable character, the novel spins its wheels for the first half, especially when it switches POV completely in Book Two. Once it switches back, however, the story picks up, as the intrigue between the various sects of gods is interesting, as is the subplot of what exactly the dragons know and what they intend to do. The climax is very thrilling; the book barrels on through its last hundred pages at a rousing pace, but the ending is a little abrupt. In short, it would have been better with a better first half, but is still a good book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment