Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - Storm Riders

Storm Riders (Dragon Brigade, #2)Storm Riders by Margaret Weis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's been about four years since I read the first part of this trilogy, so I didn't remember much of it. I went back and read my review of that book and saw I didn't like it, so I was pleasantly surprised to find I enjoyed this one a lot more. My lack of memory wasn't a problem as everything is recapped well. And while there is a decent amount of exposition, it isn't as repetitive as before and there is more action spread out. The political intrigue is a lot of fun as well, as alliances form, shift, and break apart only to reform in different combinations. Some of the plot is predictable and it's a little frustrating to watch the characters flail around in the dark for answers that seem obvious but I suppose that's the nature of omnipotent narration; it just feels more prevalent here. But the main thing is I enjoyed the book enough to want to pick up the final part of the trilogy as soon as I finished reading this one.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment