Thursday, October 22, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - Finders Keepers

Finders Keepers (Bill Hodges Trilogy, #2)Finders Keepers by Stephen King
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I didn't enjoy this book as much as Mr. Mercedes. It's not because the plot was weak or because I wasn't pulled in, because the plot was great and I was. The problem is that it felt like it was really two plots that were put together for no reason other than King wanted to do a sequel. The Mr. Mercedes characters don't show up until the book is halfway through, and then they spend the whole rest of the book playing catch-up and just rehashing ad nauseam what the readers already know. The complaint being said, the "A" plot of the stolen books and what two lovers of reading who fall on opposite ends of that spectrum do for those books is thrilling. I wish that plot had been expanded into its own book instead of being shoehorned into being the middle part of a trilogy it is only barely connected to tangentially. The tease throughout the second half of the book, especially at the end, of where the final part in the trilogy might go was interesting enough to make me want to read it despite this one's shortcomings.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment