Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Goodreads Book Review - The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

The Walking Dead: Rise of the GovernorThe Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor by Robert Kirkman

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


A few good moments mixed in with a lot of boring, repetitive, predictable moments. I'm forced to think that Bonansinga did most of the heavy lifting on this novel as it never really feels like it's part of The Walking Dead world, in terms of tone. It tries to get there though, mostly through a lot of graphic, depraved actions, the kind of which the comic is famous for... except the things that happen in the comic always feel earned, unlike a lot of the acts in this novel. Lastly, I don't want to give away the twist at the end, but I have to say that while it doesn't contradict anything we learn about the Governor in the comic, I don't like it one bit.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment