Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Thankful Stormtrooper

I had intended to write this list of things I'm thankful for on Thursday, but I woke up that morning feeling like a hot bag of ass and have just today begun to feel better, if only marginally. It's still Thanksgiving weekend, though, so it still counts, right?

I'm thankful for my new phone. After almost four years, half with a crappy Samsung and half with an only-slightly-less-crappy HTC, to finally be back in the LG family, with a Droid, no less, is just nice.

I'm thankful for writing. Between the wonderfully brilliant writers behind the novels, comics, TV shows, and movies I love so much and the ability to write and the way it lets me vent my feelings and frustrations and ideas... yeah. Writing rocks. I always say this, but I really do need to keep up with the idea of doing it more often.

I'm incredibly thankful to John Jameson.

I'm thankful for my family, especially my grandparents. Enormous pains in my ass, but I love them anyway.

I'm thankful for perseverance. Between the fruitless job search, a cashlessness that is only just above poverty and a completely nonexistent love life, there are a lot of times... A LOT of times... where I feel like just saying "screw it" and giving up. But I never do. So I'm incredibly thankful for that.

Lastly, I'm thankful for my friends, specifically the special handful of people I can count on to be real friends. Much like my family, they can be a pain in the ass... but they are the stars in what is otherwise the dark night sky of my life, and I appreciate it more than I can ever say.

Alright, enough of this earnest crap, can I get back to being snarky and irreverent now?

No comments:

Post a Comment