Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Mets Monday - Wherein I Eat My Words

It's Memorial Day and I had a very busy, very fun weekend, and am very, very tired, so I'm going to keep this brief. Last week I wrote about how I thought the shine was off the apple when it came to the Mets season. Since then, they've played eight games and won five of them, and are back up to five games over .500... so it looks like I have to eat my words here.

Delicious AND nutritious!

There are still injury problems... we've lost two shortstops since then, which would explain why David Wright, arguably the best third baseman in Mets history, was playing shortstop today... but clearly I spoke too soon about the season starting to go downhill.

Hopefully I'll be eating these words well into October!

No comments:

Post a Comment