Saturday, April 21, 2012

Goodreads Book Review - Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse

Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: ApocalypseStar Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse by Troy Denning

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I think this might be the best Star Wars novel I've ever read... and considering how many of them I've read over the last decade, that's saying something. It's packed with some of the best action scenes I've ever read, filled with great characterization and developments for some of my favorite characters, and deftly ties up threads that have been around for the last two or three series while still setting up more for the next one, whenever and whatever that may be. It also touches on why I love the shared nature of the Expanded Universe so much; one big plot development relates to a trilogy of episodes from season three of the Clone Wars animated series, and another big development begins to set up and lead into the Star Wars: Legacy comic book series. All in all, I felt it's a great novel set right in the middle of a great time to be a Star Wars fan.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment