Thursday, August 16, 2012

Goodreads Book Review - The Child Thief

The Child ThiefThe Child Thief by Brom

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


An updated, adult version of Peter Pan with cursing, nudity, demons, goddesses, and graphic violence? Yeah, right up my alley. This is a really fun, engaging book. The action scenes are well-written, and most of the important characters are very well-developed and fleshed out.I also really loved the way other mythologies were weaved into the classic legend of Neverland to flesh it out and make it more logical; I mean, it was even tied into the legend of King Arthur, and that's one of my all-time favorite stories. If there's any complaint I could make about this book, it would be that it felt a little long and some sections... not many, but some... dragged on a bit. I really did love this book though, and definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a dose of somewhat adult fantasy.



View all my reviews

Seven books are behind me in the Recommended Reading Challenge now. This is the first time I've taken a second recommendation from someone; it came from the person who recommended the first book in the challenge, which I absolutely hated, so I had to give her a chance to redeem herself, which she did admirably. If you've got anything to recommend, feel free to post it below and I'll add it to the list!

No comments:

Post a Comment