Thursday, March 6, 2014

Goodreads Book Review - Star Wars: Scourge

Scourge (Star Wars)Scourge by Jeff Grubb

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


This wasn't one of my favorite Star Wars novels, but it was serviceable. None of the usual characters appear at all, which is a refreshing change; as much as I love the regular cast, there is only so much that can be expected to happen to them. With new characters, on the other hand, the sky is the limit in terms of the growth they can go through... which is part of why this book disappointed me a bit. The author gives us a fresh cast of characters and of them all, only one actually goes through anything and comes out the other side changed. The rest stay static, and in some cases are just cardboard cutouts of characters to begin with. The Hutt characters are fun, but even there the problem persists. The mystery is nice, though; I for one didn't put it together and figure out the bad guy's identity until pretty close to the end. The action scenes are decent, probably better than can be expected for a Jedi story featuring a Jedi who barely ever uses any of his powers and isn't all that swift with a lightsaber, either. SO like I said, I found it to be a serviceable book, but I don't think it said the world... this one or any other... on fire.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment