Thursday, July 3, 2014

Goodreads Book Review - Blood Rites

Blood Rites (The Dresden Files, #6)Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I feel like I can't keep heaping praise on The Dresden Files books, which is hard because they keep getting better and better and Jim Butcher is rapidly becoming one of my favorite authors... and not just because of the whole shared name thing, either. This book in particular really ramped things up, with all its revelations and changes to Harry's life. From an opening plot that seems pretty minor things escalate quickly. There's one major resolution and about five other brand new can of worms opened up simultaneously, and all it does is pull me right along into reading the next one right away. I'd always heard you had to give this series a few books to get off the ground to make reading them worth the effort, and as someone who liked them from the very first book I can definitely see where that comes from as things skyrocketed here and like I said, I can't wait to dive into the next one, Dead Beat.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment