Friday, November 21, 2014

Goodreads Book Review - Maul: Lockdown

Star Wars: Maul: LockdownStar Wars: Maul: Lockdown by Joe Schreiber

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is my last remaining Star Wars EU novel I'm going to read, as I'm not on board with the whole rebooted continuity thing. I was hoping, therefore, to go out with a BANG. What I got was just a bang. This novel about Darth Maul, one of the most criminally underused character in the movies, has an interesting premise: the Zabrak Sith is on a mission for Darth Sidious, locked in a prison space station that doubles as a gladiatorial arena. It features a lot of intrigue, but not nearly as much action as you'd expect given that set-up. The action that's there is good, but I wanted more. Also, I get why the stipulation that Maul couldn't rely on the Force was there, but it made things more boring. The characterization is strong, though, especially of Maul, so it's worth a read for that alone.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment