Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - Doctor Who: Touched by an Angel

Doctor Who: Touched By An AngelDoctor Who: Touched By An Angel by Jonathan Morris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm two in a row on good Doctor Who novels. Prior to this book I read The Silent Stars Go By, by Dan Abnett. While I enjoyed that book more, Morris' novel here is a very enjoyable one as well. The characters are written "correctly," meaning their voices ring true to what you'd expect based on their TV show personas. The story is touching and emotional, as some of the best Doctor Who stories are, and it features one of my favorite Who villains, the Weeping Angels.  I'm not sure offhand when this came out in relation to when episodes of the show aired, but whether it came before or after the episode, there's a nice bit of foreshadowing for the Angels Take Manhattan episode that tugged on my heartstrings a little bit. I could definitely see this being a probably two-part episode of the series, which is fairly hefty praise when you think about it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment