Friday, August 28, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - Doctor Who: The Silent Stars Go By

Doctor Who: The Silent Stars Go ByDoctor Who: The Silent Stars Go By by Dan Abnett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't read that many Doctor Who books, but with the few I have, the most important factor for me is just how real the character voices feel. Meaning, when I read the dialogue, does it sound like the characters do on TV? Can I hear their voices in my head, picture them saying the words and acting out the motions described? In this case, with the way Dan Abnett (who I'm a huge fan of from his comic book work) writes this story, I definitely can. Add that to the fun, twisty plot he created and the good supporting characters, and you have all the ingredients for what would make a great episode of the show. Eleven, Amy, and Rory all feel true to the characters, and what I love about this story is that the Ice Warriors get a better deal here than they did in their one episode of "NuWho" so far. It's a little slow here and there, but for the most part it's a great story that Id recommend for any fan of the Eleven and the Ponds era of the show who is feeling a little nostalgic.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment