Monday, May 24, 2010

Mets Monday, Vol. 5

I'm going to keep this short because I've had a fairly craptacular day; as it turns out, having a needle jabbed right into a nerve in your mouth hurts like a bitch, and I'm tired. So I'm going to be all kinds of concise today.

The Mets beat the Yankees, 2 games to 1. This is good. I realize it's not important in the grand scheme of things, and that the next three games with those asshat Phillies are more important than the last three games with the douchehole Yankees, but still, it's good. Bay hit homers. Wright still struck out a lot, but he got some hits and RBI's out of the deal. Santana and Pelfrey pitched like 1A and 1B instead of 1 and 2. Yes, the pen is getting sloppier, but they need rest, dammit... if they get rest, they'll be fine.

And John Maine is a whiny bitch who is almost as useless as Ollie.

There. I said it.

There's still plenty of time and plenty of chances to turn this thing around.

2 comments:

  1. It's been 120 hours, and Maine is still carrying on, in spite of the fact that HE'S NOW ON THE DL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think, at this point, he'd man up to what everyone else knows and say, "They were right, I guess there is something wrong" and stop being another negative distraction on a team that already has enough of those to go around.

    ReplyDelete