Monday, September 24, 2012

Goodreads Book Review - Invisible Monsters

Invisible MonstersInvisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


So this might be the most twisted book I've ever read... and I've read Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis (seriously, that book features an ostrich sex club and a whole bunch of other weird stuff). It's very well-written, though; the writing style is fresh in pretty much every way. Usually I can see some of the twists in a book coming, especially a book that starts at the end and then flashes back until it gets back to the ending at the end, but this one was nothing but weird surprise after weird surprise. It's worth reading if only for that fact alone, but it's also worth reading because it throws a lot about life at you to think about. I'm not sure I buy a lot of the conclusions about life that are reached in the book, but I'm also not sure I'm supposed to. Have I confused you? Good. Read it yourself... although, fair warning to all the more close-minded conservative readers out there, this one might not be for you...



View all my reviews

We're twelve books into the challenge now, and if this one is any indication, I'm definitely expanding my horizons, which is what I was hoping for. Next on the the list, those horizons shrink a little bit, as someone recommended the new e-book from one of my favorite authors, Terry Goodkind. It isn't cheating, I swear; she didn't know how much I already love him when she suggested it! Once that's done I only have two books left on the list and I'm having a hard time getting my hands on them, so let's keep the other recommendations coming, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment