Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Goodreads Book Review - Motherless Brooklyn

Motherless BrooklynMotherless Brooklyn by Jonathan Lethem

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


There's a lyric in a song I like that goes, "I don't care just what you think, as long as it is about me." Basically it says, good or bad, all that matters is being thought of. If that's true, this book has a problem, because after reading it, I don't really have an opinion about it one way or another. I don't think it's good, but I don't think it's bad, either. It's just sort of there, or, as another song lyric says, it's as special as air. Really, the only thing about it that caught my attention in anyway was all the mentions of different areas and streets of Downtown Brooklyn, different establishments and buildings, because I spend most of my time in that area, so it was nice to be able to picture all the locations the story was taking place in. But other than that, in terms of an opinion about this book... I got nothing.



View all my reviews

That's my review of the eleventh book in the Recommended Reading Challenge. Eleven books in five months... eh, that's not so great, but whatever. I'll start the next book, Invisible Monsters tomorrow; after that there's only two books left on the list so I'm definitely looking for more. If you have one, leave me a comment and we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment