Monday, December 17, 2012

Goodreads Book Review - This Book is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don't Touch It

This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don’t Touch It (John Dies at the End, #2)This Book Is Full of Spiders: Seriously, Dude, Don’t Touch It by David Wong

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


When I reviewed Wong's first book to which this is a sequel, John Dies at the End, I gave it three stars. I'm giving this one three stars as well, although I don't think it was as good. One of the negative things I said when I reviewed the first one is that I felt that it needed to make more sense and be more coherent to be a better story. This book made me eat those words a bit; it is definitely more coherent than the first one... and that is, in fact, detrimental to the story. I found myself wishing it was a little bit more of a crazy mess than it was and was a bit disappointed. Still, I absolutely love the main characters David, John, Amy, and Molly (yes, she's a dog, but I'll be damned if I leave her out!) and would love to read another story about them and the insanity they got sucked into. But maybe less spiders, because, lord, parts of this absolutely killed me with my arachnophobia!



View all my reviews

The twenty-fourth book in my Recommended Reading Challenge is the first time a sequel has been featured (you can see my review of the first book, John Dies at the End, here), and only the second time an author has made a second appearance. I've got three more books to burn through at the moment, but I'm always looking for more, so don't be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment