Friday, January 4, 2013

Goodreads Book Review - The Fuck-Up

The Fuck UpThe Fuck Up by Arthur Nersesian

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Have you ever spent an entire book wishing with each turn of the page that the next page would bring about a surprise plot twist in which the protagonist you've been reading about the whole time suddenly dies and the book is now about someone else entirely? No? Then you have no idea of the misery in which I sat while reading this book. I will never understand why someone would choose to write about such a reprehensible character like the nameless star of this book, or why they would think an audience would want to read about the odyssey of horrible things that happen to him through every fault of his own until, in one of the most laughing bad and abrupt endings I've ever read, he's rewarded with a better life than he ever had before. I will admit to laughing out loud once or twice, but not in joy; no, it was just masochistic schadenfreude.



View all my reviews

The twenty-sixth book in the RRC was easily the worst book of the bunch so far, and that's saying something. Someone recommend something really good to help me cleanse my palette? Please? After this abomination, I'm literally begging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment