Saturday, January 5, 2013

Goodreads Book Review - Snuff

SnuffSnuff by Chuck Palahniuk

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


As I said in my review of the last Palahniuk book I read, Haunted, I really hope this guy spends the bulk of his money on therapy, because my man is clearly out of his gourd. That being said, his kind of insanity produces some really, really good books. Like anything you'd expect from him, this book is twisted and compelling (in the way watching trainwrecks are compelling; I was so drawn in by the insanity displayed here that I read the whole book in a day) and, of course, there are twists that keep you guessing everywhere. I thought I had the main twist figured out ahead of time... and I was right, by the way... but then the twists kept coming as the narrative raced to one of the most messed-up conclusions I have ever seen. Seriously, just read the book and see for yourself. I know I've said that about all of Palahniuk's books I've read thus far, but, yeah, do it.



View all my reviews

The friend who gave me this twenty-seventh recommendation in my year-long challenge predicted I'd knock this out in a day, and she was absolutely right' it's a great read. Now, I need something else. Come on, folks, don't be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment