Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Goodreads Book Review - Charon's Claw

Charon's Claw (Forgotten Realms: Neverwinter, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #22)Charon's Claw by R.A. Salvatore

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Fifteen months really is way too long to go without reading a Salvatore novel. I was admittedly harsh in my review of the last book in the series, Neverwinter; I felt that Salvatore was over-dependent on his (admittedly awesome) action scenes to the detriment of any actual character development in the story. I don't know if I was right or not, but that is definitely not the case here. His trademark action is present, but the character development on display is just brilliant, especially as it relates to the two triangles going on... I won't say between who to prevent spoilers. This book is so good that I couldn't put it down, devouring it over the course of four days, and it only took that long because of my ridiculous work schedule. I will say that the possibility of Drizzt losing his last real friend is a heart-breaking one, as heart-breaking a possibility as the reintroduction of the drow as a major threat to Drizzt's life is a thrilling one. The stage is set wonderfully for the conclusion of the series, a novel I am comping at the bit to dive into.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment