Sunday, April 28, 2013

Goodreas Book Review - The Last Threshold

The Last Threshold (Forgotten Realms: Neverwinter, #4; Legend of Drizzt, #23)The Last Threshold by R.A. Salvatore

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


With this book, the conclusion to the four-part Neverwinter Saga, R. A. Salvatore again shows why he's been one of my favorite authors for the better part of the last two decades. This is officially the 23rd book in the Legend of Drizzt series (26th if you count The Sellswords Trilogy, which, considering some of the characters involved, I certainly do) and this installment feels just as wonderful and vibrant as the first... and even moreso than the last few novels. I can't say too much more because there is almost nothing to say about this book that wouldn't be a massive spoiler, but to sing it's praise in a way, I read this novel over three days after reading the one before it, Charon's Claw, in a four-day span. That's seven days devoted to just this one story, and I was fully drawn along by the emotional triangle of Drizzt Do'Urden, Dahlia Sin'felle, and Artemis Entreri. I don't think I've ever seen three characters so fully developed sharing such a complex relationship' the relationships here actually outshine the action scenes, and we know action is one of Salvatore's trademarks. Again, I don't want to spoil anything, but after the conclusion of this, The Companions cannot come soon enough...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment