Sunday, April 21, 2013

Goodreads Book Review - Star Wars: X-Wing: Mercy Kill

Mercy Kill (Star Wars: X-Wing, #10)Mercy Kill by Aaron Allston

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I have to start off by saying that while I've read a lot of EU novels, I only started back in 2005 or so, so I missed the whole X-Wing series. but I've read plenty of other EU books by Aaron Allston and enjoyed them all... which makes me wonder why this one fell pretty flat with me. There are a few good scenes here and there, but for the most part I was bored. I think a large part has to do with how there's a fairly large number of characters and, with a few exceptions, not only to most of them get no real characterization to speak of, but they feel interchangeable. Whenever they speak, it felt to me like it could have been any one of them. The only exceptions were Piggy and Scut, only because of their respective races, and Myri Antilles, and she only stood put for her name. All in all, for the first book to take place after the big Fate of the Jedi story arc, this was a pretty big letdown.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment