Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Goodreads Book Review - The Dark Legacy of Shannara: Witch Wraith

Witch Wraith (The Dark Legacy of Shannara, #3)Witch Wraith by Terry Brooks

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


One phrase you often see in one form or another on book jackets of the last part of a series is "thrilling conclusion." Well, that phrase definitely applies to this novel. I've read everything Brooks has ever published and I'm pretty sure this was the most thrilling thing he's ever written, for me at least. The many disparate plot threads and twists set up throughout the first two parts of the trilogy race to a head here and it shouldn't be a spoiler to say that not everyone makes it out alive. There were some moments in this story, a story that, when you boil it down, is about nothing more complicated than two sets of siblings, that had me getting misty-eyed. I recommend Terry Brooks novels every single time so me just saying I recommend this is really saying nothing at all; instead, I'll say this is probably my favorite book of his since Angel Fire East. And that is high praise indeed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment