Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Goodreads Book Review - Last Words

Last WordsLast Words by George Carlin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Out of all the autobiographies or biographies I've read, this one is probably my favorite. Carlin led a very interesting life, much more interesting than I ever knew, and he writes about it all in great depth with personal honesty and a little brilliance. Of course, it doesn't hurt that his legendary humor is everywhere too, not just in the bits of his famous routines he threw in but in the personal stories he tells and the observations and comments he makes. One of Carlin's greatest strengths as a comedian was always language and the things he could do with it, and that doesn't fail him here. And yes, I know he had a co-writer to help him put it all together but, having just read Carlin's other books back-to-back-to-back, I'm comfortable in saying that most of what made this much more fun than the usual autobiography to read came from the man himself.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment