Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Goodreads Book Review - When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?

When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops?When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops? by George Carlin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I didn't enjoy this book as much as Carlin's first two but I'm giving it the same number of stars because Goodreads doesn't do half-stars. The problems with this book, in my opinion, are two-fold: the first one is that it came at a point in Carlin's career when he was much more of an angry old man, which is still funny but less in a side-splitting way and more in the way grumpy old men are funny; and secondly, a fair amount of jokes are repeated not just from the first two books but also from other parts of this book, and the repetition lets the mind wander a bit, and that never bodes well for a book. Still, even a less funny Carlin is still funnier than most people who ever lived, right?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment