Thursday, February 12, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - Ghost Story

Ghost Story (The Dresden Files,  #13)Ghost Story by Jim Butcher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I took a break between the last installment of the Dresden Files and this one, my longest since starting the series, because I wanted to let the cliffhanger really marinate with me for awhile. But I'm very happy to have dived back in. I've seen this book get a lot of hate on here, but I can't say I know why; it felt just as good as the rest of the series to me, and even had an added bite to it for the very in media res feel of it all, with the reader having to play catch up along with Harry. No, the book didn't necessarily advance the main thrust of the series so far, but to me it feels like that's because this was the start of "phase two" of the story, and that needed to be set up first. With all that aside, the world-building was sound, the flashbacks filling in some holes were great, and I loved the character growth. And, while I'm not going to post spoilers, I will say I was completely correct about who the killer was, but I in no way saw the twist involved with it coming. I can't wait to get into the next installment, but now that I'm almost all caught up I might have to make biding my time a more habitual thing here.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment