Friday, February 20, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - Schulz and Peanuts

Schulz and PeanutsSchulz and Peanuts by David Michaelis

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


An interesting, if dry read, that was sort of hurt by the way it seemed to me to jump back and forth too much. I also didn't like the way it, at times, painted Schulz in a bit of a negative light; unavoidable, I suppose, when telling the truth, but still some sad things to think about when it comes to the father of Peanuts. One of the true gems of the book is the way Peanuts strips are dispersed throughout. Which also leads to one of the things about the book that really annoyed me, which is that, despite the thousands upon thousands of Peanuts strips the author had to choose from, he repeated a few of them throughout the book. All in all, an interesting book for the dedicated Peanuts fan who can slog through how dry a read it makes for.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment