Monday, July 9, 2012

Goodreads Book Review - John Dies at the End

John Dies at the EndJohn Dies at the End by David Wong

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was... well, I'm just going to come right out and say it: this was easily the weirdest f*cking book I've ever read. The entire time I was reading it, all I could think was, "When this makes sense, I really like it. I just wish it would make sense more often." At the end, more of it made sense, enough for me to say I did like it a lot... but too much still went unexplained, seemingly for no reason at all, except that the author really wanted to be as weird as possible. Which I can respect, of course. It did have me looking at shadows out of the corners of my eyes and jumping a little bit, so I'd have to say it got what it was going for, just not coherently enough for a better rating.



View all my reviews

The fifth book in the Recommended Reading Challenge is now behind me. I have three more books on the list, but don't actually have possession of any of them at the moment, so I'm definitely looking for more recommendations. If you have any for me, hit up the comment box and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment