Sunday, July 22, 2012

I Got a Liebster Award!


Yesterday my blog received it's first Liebster Award from my friend Master Gio (his blog, Words from the Master, can be found here), which is a gesture that is very much appreciated. The award comes with a set of rules involving answering questions given to you by the person presenting you the award, then creating questions of your own and giving the award with those questions to other bloggers. I'm going to skip most of that, just because I don't really know enough other bloggers to send it to, which I guess means I only get an Honorary Liebster Award... but I will answer the questions he gave me!

1. What made you decide to start a blog?
I wanted to do more writing, and needed an outlet for all the ideas and opinions I have, and this seemed like the easiest way. It damn sure wasn't for all the feedback and comments I don't get!

2. What was the first thing you ever wrote about in your blog?
Technically, the very first post was an introduction, but I won't count that. I also won't count the collection of old quotes from me and my friends that made up the second post. So I guess that means the first thing I ever wrote about was whether or not Darth Vader is better than Jesus.

3. What's your favorite place to travel to and where would you most like to travel to?
I can't really answer the first question because the only place I've really traveled to is Michigan, and that was like fifteen years ago. The answer to the second part, though, is without a doubt Ireland.

4. Who do you most look up to?
I don't really know. Probably one of my favorite authors, like Terry Brooks, or maybe R.A. Salvatore.

5. What's your favorite movie and why?
The Crow. It's been the crow for almost twenty years, and that's never going to change. It's just, for me, the perfect blend of topics: it's an action movie built around a tragic love story with redemption and punishment and everything. Plus, the performances, the music, the setting... it all just works.

6. Tell me something about yourself that may surprise me and my readers.
I just heard a Justin Bieber song I actually like. Yeah. How's that for a revelation?

7. What's the best concert you've ever been to?
There's been a lot of great ones. Goo Goo Dolls with Third Eye Blind at Jones Beach in like 2002 is at the top of the list, and so are the K Rock DFPs I went to... but the best? The U2 concert I went to in 2009, without a doubt. Lifelong dream accomplished right there.

8. Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
I guess I'd have to say Anne Hathaway, but, full disclosure? My real-life one is much more interesting!

9. If you could have any superpower, which one would you pick?
Teleportation. Think of how many hassles that eliminates.

10. What's a typical day for you like?
Most of my days get split between the internet, job hunting, and writing.

11. If you ruled the world, what is one rule you'd enforce?
The "Just stop being douchebags to each other" rule. That would pretty much take care of everything else as it trickled down.

So there are my answers. Hit up the comment box if you want to talk about any of them, or share your answers!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your answers to my questions, bro! Thanks for the time to do them!

    ReplyDelete