Thursday, June 19, 2014

Goodreads Book Review - Death Masks

Death Masks (The Dresden Files, #5)Death Masks by Jim Butcher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I've praised this series up and down since I got to book two, and this book is no exception. One thing I think Butcher gets better and better at is chapters; the length of them, for one thing, but also the way they end. Almost every single chapter ends in such a way as to make you want to keep going instead of taking a break, and that is a really great trick for a writer to have in his arsenal. Also, I love the way each individual book has a plot all its own from beginning to end while also managing to slowly advance at least two or three different background plots spread out along the series, some of which are out in the open and a few of which I'm only beginning to think are there now. It makes me want to plunge right on into the next installment to see where the story goes next, but I think after four straight Dresden Files I might be ready to pause and enjoy something different. Then again, I said that after the last book too...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment