Sunday, January 11, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - Lock In

Lock InLock In by John Scalzi

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a really fun book. Scalzi writes some realistic, entertaining characters and gives them a very creative, thought-out plot to play around in. And the set-up of the plot is a very creative one. My one and only complaint about the story was that it was very exposition heavy; there were a lot of info dumps that took away from the action. I understand in a procedural mystery like this one that can be necessary, and at least here it was couched in some fun dialogue, but still, those parts dragged a bit. But otherwise, I loved it. I thought it was better than the only other Scalzi book I've read, Red Shirts, which I didn't expect to, but this one was a pleasant, fun surprise.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment