Monday, January 26, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - London Falling

London Falling (Shadow Police, #1)London Falling by Paul Cornell

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I wanted to like this book. I really did. I'm a big fan of Paul Cornell's work in the world of comic books, so I was looking forward to diving into this and loving it. But I sort of hated it. It felt like a generic urban supernatural story to me, like the Dresden Files and others of that ilk, but without any of the charm. I was put off by just how British it was, but I know that's just a personal thing, and I'm not really holding that against the book. What I'm really holding against it was how damn boring it was. The first hundred pages or so felt like an impenetrable snoozefest to me. And when you combine that with how unlikeable more than half the cast was, well, it's a miracle I got through this one at all. Others may love it, but it just wasn't for me.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment