Thursday, January 22, 2015

My 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2015

Because despite the lack of comments or interaction of any kind, I still believe you folks out there care what I think about stuff like this, here's my yearly post about what movies I'm most looking forward to this year. It's a little late, I know, but don't worry, January hasn't given us anything that would have made the list anyway. Unlike last year, not only have I managed to whittle the list down to ten this year, but I've also put them in ascending order. Anyone who knows me can probably guess what's at the top, but that doesn't mean there isn't any fun to be had, right? The list, by the way, might be incomplete as it came from IMDB's upcoming releases list, which leaves out indies and stuff like that. But what are you going to do?


Clocking in at #10 is Terminator: Genisys, easily the movie on the list I'm most tentative about. It could be awesome, but let's be honest, the last two movies weren't very good, but somewhere in there was an amazing TV series, so there's still potential. But I'm not sure about the direction this one is going in. It's very much a wait-and-see situation, but at the very least, it's got Matt Smith!


Like Terminator, I've always been a fan of the Jurassic Park series, so of course it makes the list. It would be higher, but again, I have concerns. One of the strengths of the original is that the science was as realistic as it could be for the subject matter; Michael Crichton made damn sure of that. In light of that, the idea of a hybrid dinosaur "villain" along with velociraptors that might be "good guys" is a stretch, but again, we'll see.


C'mon. How could I not?


The first Ted made me laugh so hard there were times I honestly thought I made die. So it's #7 on the list. It would be higher, but, sequelitis, you know?


The big finale comes in at #6. I've enjoyed the series so far, and not just for a guaranteed annual fix of my beloved J-Law, but I'm honestly more than ready for it to be over.


Apparently when the trailer for #5 on the list dropped, some people hated it. I'm chalking that up to the fact that there's a subset of the geek world that hates everything on sight, and another subset waiting for Marvel Studios to have their first big failure. Fuck 'em both, I say. Bring on Ant-Man!


Holy fuck do I love this series. The first one scared the crap out of me, to the point that even looking for a picture to put here creeped me out. No lie, that poster is fucking up my life a little bit. The second one wasn't as scary, but it crafted a hell of a story, and I can't wait to see where it goes next.


#3 is a gothic horror from Guillermo Del Toro. 'Nuff said.


You thought this was going to be #1, didn't you. On any other year, you'd be right. Even with the lingering stink of the prequels and some of my anger towards other things they've done since the House of Mouse bought up the property, a new Star Wars film would be the top of the list for me on any other year. But this year, unfortunately, we live in...

...the Age of Ultron.


Because come on, obviously. You've seen the trailer. I'm a fanboy. There's no way this isn't #1. Three and a half months to go...

So what are the rest of you out there looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment