Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - Armada

ArmadaArmada by Ernest Cline
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked this up because I enjoyed Ernest Cline's previous book, Ready Player One, and was hoping to find more of the same. In a way, I got what I wanted; it's filled with the same humor and appreciation for geekdom both modern and classic as Ready Player One, two things I loved about both stories. But while Ready Player One felt very long but not in a bad way, like it was given room to breath and become fully realized, Armada feels far more rushed. Both the story itself feels shorter and the pacing feels far quicker, like things happen in a blur and are over before I really had a chance to enjoy them. So while I loved the characters involved and world-building that went on, the pacing left me cold. But while it's true not all books can be perfect, the imperfect ones can still be enjoyable and, flaws aside, Armada is still a good read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment