Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Panel of the Week: 7/29/15

Yeah, I know this is really late. Shit happens. There might just be another of these tomorrow to help me get caught up. Or maybe not. Anyway. For the first time, a panel wins this mostly meaningless weekly award based on the dialogue, not the art. Here, I'm sure you'll see what I mean.


The above panel comes from Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies #2, and yes, that's a mouthful. And also yes, that's a Puritan version of the Punisher as he stomps on the head of some zombified Marvel bad guys. The art is by Steve Pugh, and it's a great design, but it's the writing by James Robinson that does it for me. Not only does the scene itself as imagined tickle e pink, but that dialogue, my goodness. It's almost enough to make me want to be a Puritan Punisher for Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment