Saturday, August 8, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - The Seventh Sigil

The Seventh Sigil (Dragon Brigade, #3)The Seventh Sigil by Margaret Weis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


There are a lot of things to like about the conclusion of this trilogy. It was action-packed, filled with great character moments, and even had a few touching emotional moments thrown in there as well. Which is no surprise to me, having been a reader of Weis' work for most of my life. What I didn't like about the book is how and where the characters ended up at the end of it; while after looking at it it's true the characters ended up happy and ultimately getting what they really wanted, it wasn't what I wanted for them and it annoyed me. Selfish, maybe? Sure. But equally sure is that it must say something about how good a book and, ultimately, the series was and how good the authors' work was that they made me care enough about the characters to have that reaction. In the end, the Dragon Brigade series turned out to be some pretty great period fantasy adventure, and I'd recommend it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment