Sunday, February 24, 2013

2013 Oscar Predictions

The Oscars are upon as once again, so of course I'm here to give you my predictions as to the night's big winners so that we can all laugh at just how wrong I probably (and usually) am. When the nominees were first announced, I posted some knee-reactions, but now that I've seen all the nominees I'm back with the list of who I want to win and who I think will win in the big categories... I'd do all the categories, but I just don't have that kind of attention span!

Starting at the bottom and working our way up...

Best Adapted Screenplay
I'd love to see Silver Linings Playbook come away with this one, because I think the writing there was almost at an Aaron Sorkin level of brilliance, but I have a feeling the big winners of the night will be Lincoln and Argo, and I think Lincoln will snatch this one up.

Best Original Screenplay
I'd give this one to Zero Dark Thirty, and I think the Academy might just agree with me on this one.

Best Director
I loved everything about Silver Linings Playbook but I realize the directing had nothing to do with why. I'd give this one to Spielberg... like he needs another one... for Lincoln and I'd be terribly surprised if anyone else comes away with it.

Best Animated Feature Film
By far, I think Wreck-It Ralph is the best of them all, but I think Frankenweenie... which, by the way, I found to be the worst of the bunch except for that godawful Pirates movie... will probably win.

Best Supporting Actress
Anne Hathaway. No question.

Best Supporting Actor
This is the one category I really can't make my mind up about. Not because they were bad performances, but because none of them really strike me as better than any other. Three of them were cranky old men basically being cranky old men, which I think will just negate each other. I guess my personal favorite was Tommy Lee Jones, but I'm thinking Christoph Waltz grabs this one.

Best Actress
If you think I'd pick anyone but Jennifer Lawrence for this one, you're nuts. And if you think anyone but here is winning, you're even nutsier.

Best Actor
Much like Best Actress, this one is in the bag for Daniel Day-Lewis, no question.

Best Picture
As much as I think Silver Linings Playbook was easily the year's best movie, Lincoln has this category all sewn up. Argo has an outside chance, especially considering all the love it got at other awards shows, but I still think it'll be all about Abe.

I know I half-assed this a bit, but I'm hungry and my food just got delivered so i need to go eat. I'll be back tomorrow to tally up just how wrong I was... enjoy the show everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment