Friday, February 8, 2013

Fiction Friday - I Had a Dream

It's been a long time now since I posted a short story on here... and that streak isn't going to be broken today. But, while I'm not posting a story, I am going to tell you guys about a dream I had two weeks or so ago that was so vivid it's still with me, and it's a dream in which I think a pretty cool story resides, provided I can find it.

The dream was about a large family of vampire hunters. There was a father, an older brother, three younger brothers of varying ages, and one deceased younger sister was mentioned. A mother was mentioned too, but she was never seen. They were in a little town... you know, the kind of Bavarian-looking joint you always see in vampire movies? The father and older brother... who was, like, 8 feet tall, which I guess came in handy with the vampire-hunting... were hunting for one particularly nasty vampire, the one who had killed the daughter of the family, and who looked like Gary Oldman. Not just any Gary Oldman, mind you; Sirius Black Gary Oldman.

But, y'know, nastier-looking.
In one part of the dream, the father and older brother (I got no names for any of these people) were fighting him, trying to stop him from resurrecting his master, and he was soundly kicking their asses with the help of a witch who was casting the spell to revive his master, until another witch appeared out of nowhere and took them out (we'll call that the Tuxedo Mask effect). The dream then switched to what the younger three brothers were doing, which was disobeying orders and sneaking out into the town after dark, where they were attacked by the Gary Oldman vampire and his somehow resurrected master, who basically looked like a rotting corpse slowly regrowing his flesh.The kids didn't stand a chance, and at one point the Gary Oldman vampire turned into a large bat that grabbed the youngest brother and flew away with him... until the eight-foot-tall older brother broke through a wall out of nowhere and grabbed the bat by the wings and smashed it into the wall, making it release the kid, while the father showed up and fought the master vampire.

And that's where I woke up.

The whole dream has stuck with me pretty vividly since I had it in a haze of medication, pain-killers, leftover birthday intoxication, and blood loss, and I think there's a story to be told there aside from the obvious.

I just haven't found it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment