Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Goodreads Book Review - Brain Droppings

Brain DroppingsBrain Droppings by George Carlin

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I've always been a huge Carlin fan but I've never gotten around to reading his books until know. His stand-up performances are easily my favorite comedy specials of all times, which is why I was slightly disappointed in this one. Most of the book is just routines of his written down... and considering how brilliant his live delivery is, the material loses a step on the printed page. And since his delivery is so memorable, I heard his voice in my head most of the time I was reading. I enjoyed the book, but I was hoping for a bit more, and am still hoping his later books will give me that more I'm looking for.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment