Thursday, January 30, 2014

Goodreads Book Review - Napalm & Silly Putty

Napalm & Silly PuttyNapalm & Silly Putty by George Carlin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Much like Carlin's first book, Brain Droppings, a lot of this book is a printed collection of his stand-up material. There's a lot more fresh material in this one though (fresh to me, at least; I can't lie and say I've seen everything he ever did live so I can't be completely sure), and the whole thing is much more coherently organized. As always and in any medium, Carlin is hysterical and if you're familiar with him you'll probably hear a lot of the book in your head in his indelible delivery. Definitely a great book to read if you're in the mood for a brilliant balance of witticism and wisdom.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment