Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My 11 Most Anticipated Movies of 2014

Yeah, that's right. 11. As in, eleven. Not ten. I'd love to say there was a reason for that number, a clever (or even semi-clever) gimmicky reason to prove that it isn't just some arbitrary number, and I suppose there is, because it isn't. I set out to make a top ten list, ended up with fifteen, and whittled until I couldn't whittle any more. So basically, there are eleven movies on this list because I couldn't bare to not have any of these in my top ten.

Yes, it's cheating, but this is my blog, my rules, so shut up.

So's your face.


There's an Evil Kermit in this one, y'all. That's comedy gold.


The first Captain America flick was a great movie, and this one is based on a really great story, so high hopes all around.


This is one of the two on the list I think I might end up regretting. The first one meant a lot to me for personal reasons I'm not going to get into, but even without that factor I think it was a good movie. This one, however, has the makings of a clusterfuck written all over it. But it could go the other way and be exciting as hell.


C'mon, do I really have to say something?


X-Men has always been my favorite comic book franchise. I loved the first two movies by Singer. I loved First Class. This is a definite recipe for success. I hope.


This is the other movie on the list I know I might regret.Yes, I know Bay's Transformers have been equal parts bad and good, if not a little more bad sometimes, but I'm an '80's kid and I love those giant fucking robots, so I can't help but be excited.


Rise of the Planet of the Apes was, in my opinion, one of the best movies of 2011, so there's plenty of reasons to look forward to part two.

Jupiter Ascending

There's no poster for the next Wachowskis movie yet, but since it's from them, you know it'll be interesting, must-see cinema... even if it doesn't make a lick of fucking sense.


A long-awaited sequel to a really great movie.


I haven't bothered to look up a damn thing for this movie yet. It's Christopher Nolan. I don't really need to know anything more.


I loved the first two. I love Jennifer Lawrence. I'm in.

So there's my list. Anyone out there in the great wild web have any thoughts about these movies? Or feel like sharing the flicks you're looking forward to that aren't on my list? hit the comments, let's talk about them!

1 comment: