Friday, May 16, 2014

Goodreads Book Review - Rogues

RoguesRogues by George R.R. Martin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I sort of feel like a broken record when it comes to anthologies; I'm always saying the same things about how hard they are to review because each story is so different and the parts vs. the whole and all that stuff. This one is elevated above most of the other anthologies I've ever read by virtue of the fact that it features stories by George R.R. Martin, Neil Gaiman, Patrick Rothfuss, and Gillian Flynn, all of which are amazing. I also enjoyed Joe Abercrombie's story, as well as the ones by Scott Lynch and Matthew Hughes, but were mostly disappointed by the rest of them. Still, this is a four-star anthology, one for each of those headliners. In fact, it would be worth it for a story from just one of those authors, let alone all four of them, and with three other good ones in there, it's well worth it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment