Thursday, May 22, 2014

Goodreads Book Review - Fool Moon

Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2)Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I seems safe to say I've become a full-fledged fan of the Dresden Files. I enjoyed the first book, Storm Front, a lot, and liked this one even more. Butcher's writing improved dramatically between books. Yes, a lot of the tropes are still there, but it's a genre story, there are going to be tropes. If you enjoy the genre you expect them and enjoy them accordingly; complaining about them would be like complaining about there being a monster in a monster movie. The characters and plots are fun, as is the dialogue. There are some nice twists. The world-building going on is interesting, and the end sets up further installments nicely. All in all, this is a very solid book. I think I've got a new book series obsession...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment