Monday, May 5, 2014

300th Post: A Tricentennial Retrospective


That's right, folks. Shootin' Straighter Than a Stormtrooper hits its three hundredth post today. I don't know about you, but that seems like kind of a big deal to me, even if it took forever; my first post dropped on April 16th, 2010, just over four years ago. I'm sure I could have reached this point much sooner, but as I mentioned yesterday, sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day (and yes, that blog is still coming, unless of course it isn't, because of, well, ibid, your honor...), but I digress. As a way to celebrate this milestone, I thought I'd take a look back at some of the highlights my blog has had over the years.

To start, we're going to briefly revisit my one hundredth blog post, where I analyzed my life and my goals a bit. I have no idea why I didn't to the same at two hundred, but whatever. Check that post out for a second, and then come back. I'll wait.

Ready? Okay. Find a job with decent pay and benefits? I think my job with Google, while just temp for now, covers it, as I get health and benefits through the agency and the job pays more than any I've ever had. As for number two, well, let's just say I love my girlfriend very much. She's an amazing woman. I haven't made much headway on the loans bit yet because the job is still new, and likewise on the moving out part, but the wheels are certainly in motion. As for dieting, well, I haven't been paying much attention to what I eat or anything lately but I'm still about forty pounds less than what my average was before 2012, so I'm calling it a win. Likewise a win is that I really have been writing more; not necessarily stuff evidenced by blog posts or lack of same, but, well, there are secrets. And attempted secrets that sometimes fail. But still. More writing! My life is a very good place right now. I haven't been this happy in, well, maybe ever. It's a nice feeling.

Next in this little look back, I thought I'd list the most popular entry in each of my blog categories (I'm leaving out The Week's Best because I can't remember the last time I touched that, and also Recommended Reading Challenge, because that's all part of Lit Bits anyway). So here's the list:

At the Movies: The Human Centipede 2 and a Halloween Marathon Update

Creativities: Your Online Dating Profile and What You're Doing Wrong: A Guide for Women

Fiction Fridays: Biggs and Wedge Occult Occurrences: Like a Whore in Church

Life Unexpected: The Job Search Tango

Lit Bits: Goodreads Book Review - Tough Sh*t: Life Advice from a Fat, Lazy Slob Who Did Good

Mets Monday: Opening Day 2014

Random Goodies: Choose the New Stormtrooper II

Retroblogs: The World Went Topsy-Turvy

Tales from the Tube: The 10 Best Geek TV Shows of 2012

The Joy of Comics: Morning Glories: The Best Comics You Really Should be Reading

So those are the most popular posts in each category, but what are the most popular ones of all? You can see those any time on the left-hand side of this page, so don't expect me to do all the work for you!

That's it for my little retrospective, because I'm tired and I have work tomorrow and a lot to do still tonight. So here's to another retrospective to come, and all the blog posts in between.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment