Saturday, March 28, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - Cold Days

Cold Days (The Dresden Files, #14)Cold Days by Jim Butcher

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Fifteen books in and my excitement for this series has yet to diminish. The only other author who has held my attention this long in a single series is Terry Brooks, who is my all-time favorite, so Butcher is in rarefied air here. Like the rest of the Dresden Files, this book is filled with fun characters and awesome moments, with great beats of magical action throughout. The series' great mysteries are still slowly unfurling, and while I wasn't necessarily happy with all of the changes that took place in this installment, that doesn't take anything away from how fun a read it was. My only real complaint is that it felt Butcher got a little too repetitive this time around, explaining the same points a few times through the book as if they weren't mentioned not just earlier in this book, but in the ones before it aw well. I know a writer in his position can't assume the readers know everything in case a new reader picked the book up on a whim, but still, don't overdo it. Otherwise, I loved it. So much so, in fact, that I might just be picking up Skin Game from the store later on today.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment