Thursday, March 5, 2015

Goodreads Book Review - Revival

RevivalRevival by Stephen King

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I love a good Stephen King book, which is a pretty safe statement considering I don't even know if there is a such a thing as a bad Stephen King book, But if there is, Revival isn't one of them. It has all the King hallmarks: small northeast town, childhood trauma, an aspect of the mundane becoming so much more. When he's just a boy, Jamie Morton meets the new town pastor, Charles Jacobs, and their lives are forever intertwined. They share tragedy that leads to pain, and that pain leads to a morbid curiosity of the unknown that opens some truly freaky and disturbing doors that should stay closed. All of the emotion is beautifully realized. The frights, while subtle, are there. They're more psychological than anything else, but they can get their hooks into you. I definitely recommend this one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment