Friday, April 17, 2015

SSTS Turns 400!

No, not years, obviously. C'mon, I'm not THAT old. 400 posts. Although yesterday did mark the fifth year since I started this blog, so I guess it's a birthday for me here all the way around!


400 posts over five years isn't necessarily as many as I might want, but it's still quite a lot. When I hit three hundred, I did a thing where I pointed out the most popular posts in each category. I'm not going to do that this time around. Besides, you can see most of the stats over to your left there (at least in the blog's current layout, which might be changing soon...) if you're curious. So I'm going to do a little "this is my life" recap instead of a blog stats recap. Plus, a blog stats recap takes a lot of time and effort, and I'm posting from work, so...

Yeah, that's right, I've finally found a steady, reliable job that's set to go from temp to perm in a little over a month. It'll have all the medical benefits I could want, plus vacation time, a decent salary, and all the other good stuff you could want, like free breakfast once a week and a bunch of other little bonuses. What's more, I neither hate it here nor hate myself for being here, which is a definite improvement over the majority of my jobs in the past. And the office is walking distance from Port Authority, which is important because...

You know, I live in New Jersey now. I moved in with my girlfriend of almost 18 months just about 6 months ago now, so considering I'm already paying the fare from NJ to Port Authority and back, not having to pay for a Metrocard is nice. So is not having to deal with the MTA, although New Jersey Transit isn't any better. Other than the commute issues, living with my girlfriend in NJ has been great. Everyday is a new, fun adventure with us, and it would take an entirely separate post for me to even begin to describe how happy I am with her. And this weekend we'll be celebrating her 35th birthday, which I'm hoping to make great.

After all, it's almost as important as my blog's birthday/milestone today, right?

Speaking of milestones, considering the theme of my whole setup here, I'd be remiss if I didn't post this:


Anyway, as for this blog, what we can expect is more movie reviews (hopefully with some advancements down that particular avenue), more short book reviews, some TV review (I've got a back catalog of those just waiting to be written), some more comic book stuff aside from just my new Panel of the Week initiative, and maybe, just maybe, some more of my ever elusive original fiction. Because my love for writing, while it sometimes ebbs and flows, never dries up.

Now if only I could make things around here more interactive!

No comments:

Post a Comment